Tell Us AboutYour Case
Fill out a simple form about your situation and we will contact you! Continue
In The News
- San Francisco Jury Finds Andrews International Illegally and Maliciously Called Plaintiff a G-D Terr
- Angela Alioto Takes on Lowe's in Discrimination Case
- Pregnancy Discrimination Case Gains Support
- Ralph Barbieri Press Release
- San Jose will pay $395,000 to two women fire captains to settle gender-bias suit
- Angela Alioto Wins a Harassment Case in Which Her Client Was Called a "terrorist"
- LucasFilm must pay $1.3 Million in Attorney Fees in Discrimination Suit
- Angela Alioto Responds to the Repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell
- Angela Alioto receives the Tau Award from the Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley
- Angela Alioto Tackles Homeless Problem
- McIntyre, et al. v. Lennar Corporation
- Beverly et al vs. B. R. Funsten / Tom Duffy Company et al
- Valladares, et al. v. Madera Quality Nut, Universal Leaf Tobacco, et al.
- Alioto-Lazio Fish Co. v. San Francisco
San Jose will pay $395,000 to two women fire captains to settle gender-bias suit
San Jose will pay $395,000 to settle a gender-bias lawsuit by two female fire captains claiming that Chief William McDonald passed them over for promotions that went to less-qualified men.
The settlement in the lawsuit filed last June by Debra Ward and Patricia Tapia suggests that gender bias concerns continue to plague the department even under the new leadership of McDonald, an outsider who took over two years ago. The city in 2009 paid fire engineer Julie LaBlanc $200,000 to settle her lawsuit over pornographic magazines in her fire station. Click Here to read the entire story.