Tell Us AboutYour Case
Fill out a simple form about your situation and we will contact you! Continue
In The News
- San Francisco Jury Finds Andrews International Illegally and Maliciously Called Plaintiff a G-D Terr
- Angela Alioto Takes on Lowe's in Discrimination Case
- Pregnancy Discrimination Case Gains Support
- Ralph Barbieri Press Release
- San Jose will pay $395,000 to two women fire captains to settle gender-bias suit
- Angela Alioto Wins a Harassment Case in Which Her Client Was Called a "terrorist"
- LucasFilm must pay $1.3 Million in Attorney Fees in Discrimination Suit
- Angela Alioto Responds to the Repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell
- Angela Alioto receives the Tau Award from the Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley
- Angela Alioto Tackles Homeless Problem
- McIntyre, et al. v. Lennar Corporation
- Beverly et al vs. B. R. Funsten / Tom Duffy Company et al
- Valladares, et al. v. Madera Quality Nut, Universal Leaf Tobacco, et al.
- Alioto-Lazio Fish Co. v. San Francisco
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE APRIL 15TH, 2012
Contact: Angela Alioto, Joe Alioto Veronese, Steven L. Robinson Attorneys for Plaintiff
Phone: (415) 568-1533, (415) 434-8700
Ralph Barbieri, Local Legend, Respected San Francisco Sportscaster, Proud Single Father And Member Of The Bay Area Radio Hall Of Fame, Was Illegally Terminated By Cumulus Inc. Of Atlanta Georgia, Susquehanna Radio Corp, And By Radio Station KNBR.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA– For 28 tumultuous years, native San Franciscan, Ralph Barbieri, lent his passionate opinions and his unique edgy voice to the radio airways on KNBR 680. In doing so he achieved phenomenal success and near legendary status, recently being inducted into the Bay Area Radio Hall Of Fame.
Barbieri was the first broadcaster in the Bay Area to successfully do a sports talk show during afternoon drive commute hour, thereby paving the way for KNBR to turn into a 24-hour sports talk station. Throughout his entire career, whether alone or paired with Tom Tolbert as The Razor and Mr. T, his shows were always at or near the top of the ratings. KNBR and Barbieri seemed like a perfect match.
This is the same Ralph Barbieri who was wrongfully terminated for an alleged “cause”, ie. “for being late”. The termination is nothing less than Age Discrimination, Disability Discrimination, Breach of Good Faith And Fair Dealing, and Breach of Contract, inter alia. Barbieri is 66 years old and has a slow-developing form of Parkinson’s disease, which he spoke publicly about for the first time last October, 2011. As a result of this wrongful termination, Barbieri has lost his entire salary and all health benefits.
According to Barbieri’s attorney, Angela Alioto, "The action by KNBR , Susquehanna Radio Corp., and Cumulus. Inc, sends the message loud and clear that if you are 66 years old and have a disability, “we don’t want you anymore”. The message we will send, right back to them, loud and clear, is that this type of despicable illegal behavior will not be tolerated in the City and County of San Francisco.”