Tell Us AboutYour Case
Fill out a simple form about your situation and we will contact you! Continue
In The News
- San Francisco Jury Finds Andrews International Illegally and Maliciously Called Plaintiff a G-D Terr
- Angela Alioto Takes on Lowe's in Discrimination Case
- Pregnancy Discrimination Case Gains Support
- Ralph Barbieri Press Release
- San Jose will pay $395,000 to two women fire captains to settle gender-bias suit
- Angela Alioto Wins a Harassment Case in Which Her Client Was Called a "terrorist"
- LucasFilm must pay $1.3 Million in Attorney Fees in Discrimination Suit
- Angela Alioto Responds to the Repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell
- Angela Alioto receives the Tau Award from the Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley
- Angela Alioto Tackles Homeless Problem
- McIntyre, et al. v. Lennar Corporation
- Beverly et al vs. B. R. Funsten / Tom Duffy Company et al
- Valladares, et al. v. Madera Quality Nut, Universal Leaf Tobacco, et al.
- Alioto-Lazio Fish Co. v. San Francisco
LAW OFFICES OF
MAYOR JOSEPH L. ALIOTO
700 MONTGOMERY STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA 94111
(415) 434-8700 • FAX (415) 438-4638
ADMITTED IN CALIFORNIA–WASHINGTON, D.C. www.AliotoLawOffices.com A PROFESSIONAL LAW CORPORATION
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 18th, 2012
Contact: Angela Alioto, Steven L. Robinson, Attorneys for Plaintiff
Phone: (415) 434-8700, (415) 434-8700
Ralph Barbieri, Local Legend, Respected San Francisco Sportscaster, Files Lawsuit For Illegal Harassment, Retaliation, Termination based on Disability and Age, Fraud and Breach of Contract Against Cumulus Media Inc. Of Atlanta Georgia, Susquehanna Corp., Cumulus Media Inc. SF, Radio Station KNBR, Lew Dickey, Bill Bungeroth and Lee Hammer.
Requests Ten Million Dollars
SAN FRANCISCO, CA– On Monday, June 18th, 2012 a lawsuit was filed by Ralph Barbieri against seven defendants for eleven causes of action. The eleven causes of action are 1) Disability Discrimination; 2) Breach of Contract; 3) Breach of Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing; 4) Breach of Implied in Fact Contract; 5) Discrimination Based on Age; 6) Harassment Based on Age and Disability; 7) Retaliation in Violation of FEHA; 8) Failure to Prevent Discrimination; 9) Wrongful Termination in Violation of Public Policy; 10) Fraud; 11) Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. The pretextual reason given by Defendant Bill Bungeroth for the termination was “being late.”
Mr. Barbieri, a San Francisco radio legend, was wrongfully terminated on April 10th, 2012 because of his disabilities, Diabetes II and Parkinson’s Disease, and his age. Neither his age nor any disability prevented Mr. Barbieri from doing the necessary requirements of the job. In fact, “The razor and Mr. T” consistently rated #1 or 2 in the market, right up to the day of the termination.
Mr. Barbieri’s attorney, Angela Alioto, stated, “This maliciously blatant kind of discrimination will not be tolerated in San Francisco. That message will be sent loud and clear to Defendants Cumulus et al., and throughout the nation.” The entire lawsuit can be found at Aliotolawoffices.com after 3:00pm today.
See Full Complaint Below
Ralph Barbieri Complaint (1104 KB)